USG Electret Ultrasound Microphone with Test Signal Speaker mounted on a 50 mm Disk
Avisoft Bioacoustics / Knowles FG-DT50
The Avisoft Bioacoustics 50 mm disk microphone is equipped with a 40 kHz test signal speaker and a microphone heating for improving the reliability under adverse weather conditions. It can be used either on a tripod or it can be installed at the bottom of a wind turbine nacelle using an optional mounting disk.
- Approximate input-referred self-noise level (bandwidth: 30-50 kHz): 26 dB SPL
- Approximate sensitivity: 500mV/Pa
- Power supply : 5V, 25 mA (provided by UltraSoundGate x16Hnbm)
- Microphone / heating connector: male XLR-5 plug
- Test signal speaker connector: male XLR-4 plug
- Included cables: 1 x combined microphone/speaker control/heating cable (5m) for the connection to the UltraSoundGate 116Hnbm/416Hnbm base unit and the USB power supply (note that this microphone model requires the USG 116Hnbm or 416Hnbm – other models are not directly compatible).
- Disk diameter : 50 mm
- Optional mounting disk diamter: 90 mm
- Recommended drill diameter when installed on in a wind turbine nacelle: 60 mm
- Depth : 45 mm
- Weight : 100 g
polar diagram (measurements were carried out without the optional mounding disk)