|part # 31166|
Cost-effective and small sized ultrasound recording system with a balanced analog input, trigger button, acoustic monitoring output, rugged aluminium housing, USB 1.1 interface and Avisoft-RECORDER USG/USGH.
In conjunction with a low-cost netbook computer such as the Asus Eee PC 901 (Win XP version), this unit provides a cost effective, but still powerful solution for bat call recording in the field.
UltraSoundGate 116e back view
UltraSoundGate 116e front view
|Number of channels ||1|
|ADC type ||Delta-Sigma architecture with integrated adaptive anti-aliasing filter|
|Resolution||16 bit or 8 bit|
|Sample rates [kHz] ||300, 250, 214, 192, 187.5, 166.6, 150, 125, 100, 96, 75, 62.5, 50|
|Frequency response ||10 - 120 kHz|
|Acoustic monitor output ||yes (fixed 10-fold undersampling), fixed volume|
|Overload indicator (red LED) ||no|
|Peak level meter (4 LEDs) ||no|
|Input sensitivity (max trim) ||-43.2dBV = -41 dBu = 6.9 mVrms|
|Input sensitivity (min trim) ||-3.2dBV = -1 dBu = 0.69 Vrms|
|Gain adjustment potentiometer ||40 dB continuous range|
|Input impedance ||50 kOhm|
|Analog input connector ||female XLR-5 socket|
|Other inputs ||none|
|Computer interface ||USB 1.1, isochronous full-speed mode|
|Physical USB connection ||standard B-type USB socket|
|Supply current (drawn from the USB) ||185 mA|
|Housing ||compact aluminum enclosure|
|Physical dimensions (W/H/D) in mm ||63 x 33 x 170 (with microphone)|
|Weight ||220 g (with microphone)|
|Included software ||Avisoft-RECORDER USGH for Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista and 7|
- A 200V polarization voltage generator can be added on reqest in order to support the CM16/CMPA condenser microphone.
- Notebook carrying frame
- Sound analysis software Avisoft-SASLab
Principle of the UltraSoundGate
116e recording system
What are the advantages of Avisoft-UltraSoundGate 116e over other bat detectors?
- Increased dynamic range (16 bit A/D conversion instead of
8 or 12 bits).
- Unlimited continuous recording time (the only limitation is
the size of the computer harddisk).
- Realtime spectrogram display during recording (can also be
- Acoustic monitoring either using the broad-band monitor output
on the USG device or the virtual bat detector mode in the
Avisoft-RECORDER software (heterodyning or aliasing technique).
- In contrast to other PCMCIA-based direct-sampling solutions,
the UltraSoundGate system is truly portable and well suited for
rough field use. There are no fragile or bulky components that
might prevent a flawless field work.
- Optional GPS data logging by attaching an USB or Bluetooth GPS receiver to the PC.
|See also the UltraSoundGate
advertising flyer (411KB pdf file).|
Return to UltraSoundGate