- Improved Automatic Parameter Measurement (Displacement for Start and Stop locations)
- Enhanced resolution of x and y scaling ticks in the curve window
- Redo command for repeating of previous commands (menu “Edit”/”Redo”)
- File properties and statistics function (menu “File”/”File properties…)”
- New options for opening WAV files directly from the spectrogram window (menu “WavFile”). Additionally the buttons of the spectrogram window and the entire main window can be hidden in order to save space on the desktop for simultaneous spectrogram display (menu “Display”/”Hide buttons”, “Hide main window”).
- Improved handling of configurations
News and Revision History
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.74 (November 1999)
- Curve window export facilities improved (printing of waveforms spread over several lines and pages).
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.73 (October 1999)
- Real time spectrum display implemented (menu option “File”/”Real Time Spectrum…”).
- Automatic parameter measurement improved.
- Reduce image option in the spectrogram window implemented.
- Pulse train generator added to the synthesizer module.
- Time/Pitch Conversion allows to speed-up and slow-down sounds by none-integer factors without changing the sampling rate.
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.7 (September 1999)
- Automatic parameter measurement facility added (see menu Tools/Automatic parameter measurement setup… in the spectrogram window).
- Improved scaling and new options in spectrogram output. (see menu Spectrogram Export Parameters)
- Improved marker behaviour in both the main and spectrogram window (marked time sections can now exceed the visible section and will not be removed by scrolling).
- Harmonic cursor in the One-dimensional window and new peak detection facility in the Spectral Characteristics window added.
- Noise generator added to the synthesizer module.
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.6 (May 1999)
- Real-time display from *.wav file with simultaneous playback implemented.
- Energy and RMS calculation from marked waveform sections.
- ZooIn and ZoonOut functions added to the main window.
Avisoft-RECORDER, version 1.0 (November 1998)
- Introducing Avisoft-RECORDER, a sotware tool for triggered long-term recording on PC’s.
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.5 (November 1998)
- Remote control from Avisoft-RECORDER added.
- Support for quick navigating through numbered WAV files generated by Avisoft-RECORDER. (File/Previous File, Next file)
- Improved sampling rate conversion (up- and down-sampling to any rate).
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.4e (September 1998)
- Gate function for the analysis of temporal patterns implemented (One-dimensional Transformation).
- New option in batch processing: Save ASCII/Binary spectrogram.
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.4 (March 1998)
- Enhanced resolution of envelope plots in printed spectrograms.
- New sound file formats for reading and writing: NeXT/SUN (*.AU/*SND), Apple (*.AIF/*.SND).
- ‘Scan Spectrogram’ function in the Graphic Synthesizer allows resynthesis of spectrograms.
- Time and Frequency parameters in the Graphic Synthesizer can be scaled independently using the new ‘Time and Frequency Scaling’ option.
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.3 (January 1998)
- Print option in the curve window implemented.
- The appearance of exported curve window graphs can be influenced.
- Problems in loading of some *.WAV file versions solved.
- Conversion between 8- and 16-bit sound file formats
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.2 (December 1997)
- Improved printing: Very large spectrograms can be printed on several pages, absolute spectrogram size is adjustable in millimeters, the frequency range displayed on the spectrogram can be adjusted, optional signature, bug (occasional crashes after printing) fixed.
- Batch processing supports printing and saving of spectrograms, filtering of sound files and saving of One-dimensional transformations.
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.1 (November 1997)
- Automatic Recording: Each time a predefined threshold is exceeded within a certain frequency range a new *.WAV file is generated and the signals will be saved onto the harddisk for a selectable hold-time. This mode of operation is useful for long term monitoring.
- Normalizing of waveforms in order to generate comparable spectrograms from recordings made with different recording levels.
- Trim function supports quick removal of undesired parts from the WAV file.
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 3.0 (June 1997)
- Real-time spectrogram scroll mode implemented
- Manual Erase-mode in the spectrogram window. This allows to remove undesired structures from the spectrogram image.
- Harmonic cursor in the spectrogram window. This supports the determination of the harmonic structure (fundamental frequency) of the spectrogram.
- Enhanced amplitude manipulation (tapering, limiting, multiplying and dividing by files).
- Manual sample point editing in the main window. Editing (cut, paste, …) can be done more accurate.
- Graphical input of cutoff-frequencies in the filter dialogues from the spectrogram or spectrum display using cursors. This improves the usability of the filter functions.
- Undo of editing actions
- Synthesizer: Generation of harmonic signals by mouse drawing of the parameter evolution (fundamental frequency, amplitudes of harmonics, frequency and amplitude modulation)
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 2.75 (January 1997)
- Memory allocation bug in Real-time display and Print function fixed
- Bug in the userdefined file-import function of 10-, 12- and 14-bit binary data in offset format fixed.
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 2.74
- Bug in “Save ASCII-Spectrogram” function fixed (caused an error in the Correlator module)
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 2.73
- New FFT-windows: KaiserBessel and Gauss
- FFT-window and Selectivity preview in the Spectrogram Parameter dialogue
Avisoft-SASLab Pro, version 2.6 (September 1996)
- FIR filter implemented
- Two-channel Real-time spectrogram display and stereo display in the main window introduced