part # 31166, 31167
Cost-effective and small sized ultrasound recording system with a balanced analog input, trigger button, acoustic monitoring output, rugged aluminium housing, USB 2.0 interface and Avisoft-RECORDER USG/USGH. In conjunction with a low-cost netbook computer such as the Asus Eee PC 901 (Win XP version), this unit provides a cost effective, but still powerful solution for bat call recording in the field.
UltraSoundGate 116He back view
UltraSoundGate 116He front view
|Number of channels||1|
|ADC type||Delta-Sigma architecture with integrated adaptive anti-aliasing filter|
|Resolution||16 bit or 8 bit|
|Sample rates [kHz]||300, 250, 214, 192, 187.5, 166.6, 150, 125, 100, 96, 75, 62.5, 50|
|Frequency response||10 – 120 kHz|
|Acoustic monitor output||yes (fixed 10-fold undersampling), fixed volume|
|Overload indicator (red LED)||no|
|Peak level meter (4 LEDs)||no|
|Input sensitivity (max trim)||-43.2dBV = -41 dBu = 6.9 mVrms|
|Input sensitivity (min trim)||-3.2dBV = -1 dBu = 0.69 Vrms|
|Gain adjustment potentiometer||40 dB continuous range|
|Input impedance||50 kOhm|
|Analog input connector||female XLR-5 socket|
|Computer interface||USB 1.1, isochronous full-speed mode|
|Physical USB connection||standard B-type USB socket|
|Supply current (drawn from the USB)||185 mA|
|Housing||compact aluminum enclosure|
|Physical dimensions (W/H/D) in mm||63 x 33 x 170 (with microphone)|
|Weight||220 g (with microphone)|
|Included software||Avisoft-RECORDER USGH for Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista and 7|
- A 200V polarization voltage generator can be added on reqest in order to support the CM16/CMPA condenser microphone.
- Notebook carrying frame
- Sound analysis software Avisoft-SASLab Pro
Principle of the UltraSoundGate 116e recording system
What are the advantages of Avisoft-UltraSoundGate 116e over other bat detectors?
- Increased dynamic range (16 bit A/D conversion instead of 8 or 12 bits).
- Unlimited continuous recording time (the only limitation is the size of the computer harddisk).
- Realtime spectrogram display during recording (can also be disabled).
- Acoustic monitoring either using the broad-band monitor output on the USG device or the virtual bat detector mode in the Avisoft-RECORDER software (heterodyning or aliasing technique).
- In contrast to other PCMCIA-based direct-sampling solutions, the UltraSoundGate system is truly portable and well suited for rough field use. There are no fragile or bulky components that might prevent a flawless field work.
- Optional GPS data logging by attaching an USB or Bluetooth GPS receiver to the PC.