UltraSoundGate 116Hn kit
part # 31172
Cost-effective and very small sized ultrasound recording system with CM16/CMPA condenser microphone, microphone extension cable, balanced analog input, gain adjustment knob, trigger button, rugged aluminium housing, USB 2.0 interface and the Avisoft-RECORDER USGH software. In conjunction with a Netbook PC or a tablet PC, this unit provides a very cost-effective solution for bat call recording in the field.
UltraSoundGate 116Hn with CM16/CMPA microphone
USB and XLR connector
|Number of channels||1|
|ADC type||Delta-Sigma architecture with integrated adaptive anti-aliasing filter|
|Sample rates [kHz]||750, 500, 375, 300, 250, 214, 187.5, 166.6, 150, 125, 100, 75, 62.5, 50|
|Frequency response||20 Hz – 300 kHz|
|Acoustic monitor output||no|
|Overload indicator (red LED)||no|
|Peak level meter (4 LEDs)||no|
|Input sensitivity (max trim)||-25.2 dBV = -23 dBu = 0.07 Vrms|
|Input sensitivity (min trim)||0.8 dBV = 3 dBu = 1.1 Vrms|
|Gain adjustment potentiometer||26 dB continuous range|
|Input impedance||50 kOhm|
|Analog input connector||female XLR-5 socket|
|Computer interface||USB 2.0, isochronous high-speed mode|
|Physical USB connection||standard B-type USB socket|
|Supply current (drawn from the USB)||130 mA|
|Housing||compact aluminum enclosure|
|Physical dimensions (W/H/D) in mm||36 x 43 x 120 (with microphone)|
|Weight||170 g (with microphone)|
|Included software||Avisoft-RECORDER USGH|
|System requirements||PC with at least an Intel Atom at 1 GHz, running Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10|
- Sound analysis software Avisoft-SASLab Pro
Principle of the UltraSoundGate 116Hn recording system
What are the advantages of Avisoft-UltraSoundGate 116Hn over other bat detectors?
- Increased dynamic range (16 bit A/D conversion instead of 8 or 12 bits).
- Unlimited continuous recording time (the only limitation is the size of the computer harddisk).
- Realtime spectrogram display during recording (can also be disabled).
- Acoustic monitoring through the PC soundcard using the virtual bat detector mode of the Avisoft-RECORDER software (heterodyning or aliasing technique).
- Very rugged full metal housing suited for rough field use.
- Optional GPS data logging by attaching an USB or Bluetooth GPS receiver to the PC.
See also the flyer UltraSoundGate advertising flyer (411KB pdf file).