UltraSoundGate 116Hnbm kit
part # 31176
Cost-effective and very small sized ultrasound recording system with FG electret microphone, 5 m microphone extension cable, balanced analog input, rugged aluminum housing, USB 2.0 interface and the Avisoft-RECORDER USGH software. In conjunction with a small PC, this unit provides a cost-effective solution for passive bat call monitoring.
|Number of channels||1|
|ADC type||Delta-Sigma architecture with integrated adaptive anti-aliasing filter|
|Sample rates [kHz]||300, 250, 214, 187.5, 166.6, 150, 125, 100, 75, 62.5, 50|
|Frequency response||1 – 135 kHz|
|Acoustic monitor output||no|
|Overload indicator (red LED)||no|
|Peak level meter (4 LEDs)||no|
|Input sensitivity||-9 dBV = -7 dBu = 0.35 Vrms|
|Gain adjustment potentiometer||no (fixed gain)|
|Input impedance||50 kOhm|
|Analog input connector||female XLR-5 socket|
|Other inputs||external trigger input/output (TTL-compatible) on XLR pin 5|
|Computer interface||USB 2.0, isochronous high-speed mode|
|Physical USB connection||standard B-type USB socket|
|Supply current (drawn from the USB)||120 mA|
|Housing||compact aluminum enclosure|
|Physical dimensions (W/H/D) in mm||36 x 43 x 110 (with microphone)|
|Weight||90 g (without microphone)|
|Included software||Avisoft-RECORDER USGH|
|System requirements||PC with at least an Intel Atom at 1 GHz, running Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10|
Integrated turnkey systems with the UltraSoundGate 116Hnbm and electret ultrasound microphones suited for bat monitoring at wind turbines can be ordered from bat bioacoustictechnology GmbH.
- Sound analysis software Avisoft-SASLab Pro
Principle of the UltraSoundGate 116Hnbm recording system
What are the advantages of Avisoft-UltraSoundGate 116Hnbm over other bat call recorders for passive bat monitoring?
- Very long extension cables can be inserted between the microphone and the base unit/computer.
- Unlimited continuous recording time. The only (theoretic) limitation is the size of the computer harddisk.
- The included recording software offers a broad range of useful functions for passive monitoring applications (for instance Internet connectivity)
- The PC platform ensures that the system can be easily integrated with additional (cost-efficient) components. It will be possible to incrementally upgrade the system as soon as new technologies (such as LTE internet services for instance) become available in the future.
See also the flyer UltraSoundGate advertising flyer (411KB pdf file).
In case it was sufficient to monitor and record signal frequencies below 80…90 kHz, the low-cost bat montoring system could be used instead of the UltraSoundGate 116Hnbm.