part # 31180, 31182, 31179, 31181
Cost-effective and extremely small-sized ultrasound recording system with inbuilt electret microphone, rugged aluminum housing, USB 2.0 interface and the Avisoft-RECORDER USGH software. Due to its small size it can be directly attached (using Velcro tape) to compact tablet PCs.
The USG 116Hnm is available with two different electret microphone types (EP3 #31180, #31182 and FG #31179, #31181) and in two different enclosures [standard (#31180, #31179) and Black edition (#31182, #31181)].
front view (EP3 version)
|Number of channels||1|
|ADC type||Delta-Sigma architecture with integrated adaptive anti-aliasing filter|
|Sample rates [kHz]||300, 250, 214, 187.5, 166.6, 150, 125, 100, 75, 62.5, 50 |
(black edition additionally: 750, 500, 375)
|Frequency response||10 – 135 kHz|
|Electret microphone||EP3 (part#31180) or Knowles FG (part #31179)|
|Acoustic monitor output||no|
|Overload indicator (red LED)||no|
|Peak level meter (4 LEDs)||no|
|Gain adjustment potentiometer||no (fixed gain)|
|Analog input connector||no|
|Computer interface||USB 2.0, isochronous high-speed mode|
|Physical USB connection||micro B-type USB socket|
|Supply current (drawn from the USB)||80 mA|
|Housing||compact aluminum enclosure|
|Physical dimensions (W/H/D) in mm||42 x 16 x 55 (black edition : 32 x 10 x 50)|
|Weight||46 g (black edition : 24 g)|
|Included software||Avisoft-RECORDER USGH|
|System requirements||PC with at least an Intel Atom at 1 GHz, running Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10|
Sound analysis software Avisoft-SASLab Pro (the free Lite version is available on the Downloads page)
Principle of the UltraSoundGate 116Hnm recording system
What are the advantages of the Avisoft-UltraSoundGate 116Hnm over other bat detectors?
- Versatile recording software providing numerous unique functions.
- Unlimited continuous recording time (the only limitation is the size of the computer harddisk).
- Realtime spectrogram display during recording.
- Acoustic monitoring through the PC soundcard using the virtual bat detector mode of the Avisoft-RECORDER software (heterodyning or aliasing technique).
- Very rugged full metal housing suited for rough field use.
- GPS data logging by using the inbuilt GPS receiver of the tablet PC or an external receiver.
USG 116Hnm-BK attached to an Acer Iconia W3
USG 116Hnm attached to a Lenovo ThinkPad 2